Response | Article writing homework help
After reading Makhijani’s chapter “Bloodlines of Ghadar,” answer the questions in bold below:
- What is the significance of learning about the Ghadar Party in the present, and the ongoing work of Kartar Dhillon and Ayesha Gill in the decades that followed and what lessons do you consider important for us to carry forward, and why?
- Reflect on the method the author used in writing up a history in which the stories of Kartar Dhillon and Ayesha Gill have mostly been left out of the historical record. What might we learn from engaging the notion of our community archives by building intergenerational relationships with our elders, veteran organizers, and those younger to us in order to circulate the story of our peoples in a way that remains in our control? Why is this important? How might you engage your own family/community about the past in order to better understand the present?
- Your response should be at least 350 words total and no more than 500 words total.
- Be sure to cite each of your readings at least once in your response using the Chicago Manual of Style Author Date format. Every sentence you write that is not your own personal opinion should have the author’s last name that you are drawing on and the year of publication (which means pretty much every sentence!).
- Use no more than one quote from the readings (focus on paraphrasing). Quotes count towards your total word count.
- Don’t forget to include paragraph breaks!