4 integrative themes | Psychology homework help
**Please note the due dates in the video are from the summer. Please refer to due dates below for this week’s discussion
We continue to identify basic concepts we are learning in our chapter readings and the research findings that support them, to give examples of how they fit in with psychology’s integrative themes. Once again, these themes are listed on the home and syllabus page for your review.
The purpose of this assignment will be to continue your critical analysis as you read your assigned textbook readings and then engage in critical discussion applying what you read about and relate them to the five listed integrative themes of psychology.
For this week’s assignment, chose 2-3 concepts or ideas covered in Chapter 4 (pages 159-181) and Chapter 7 that illustrate the themes IV and V (listed below)
IV. Our perceptions filter experience of the world through an imperfect personal lens.
V. Applying psychological principles can change our lives in positive ways.
1. In your initial post, please provide a clear description of 2-3 concepts or ideas that you learned in your textbook reading this week, and define it in your own words. Then explain how the concept/idea fits within the one or both themes (IV and V). Please post your initial post no later than Thursday 11/05.
2. Follow-up later in the week to respond to a minimum of two of your classmates’ posts with a meaningful addition to what they have written before the discussion closes. This may involve one or any of the following:
- Drawing connections between the concepts/ideas and the themes that the initial post did not capture.
- Providing additional perspective not reported in the initial post, in how the concept/idea fits the theme (i.e. building upon what was stated)
- Drawing comparisons in how the different concepts or ideas presented by your classmate overlap.
- How the previous concepts/ideas fit in with the themes IV and/or V and potentially can be integrated with concepts/ideas brought up by your classmate.
- How the chosen concepts or ideas fit within one of the themes we covered last week (themes I & III).I. Psychological science relies on empirical evidence adapting as new data develop.
III. Psychological, biological, social, and cultural factors influence mental processes and behavior.
Grading will be based on the following:
- Quality and meaningfulness of your initial post, in your response to the instructions (listed above for parts 1 & 2)
- Quality and meaningfulness of your follow-up responses to your classmates
- Posting in accordance with the discussion guidelines (initial post by Thursday, and follow-up posts over the remaining days concluding on Sunday