Phyliss young | Ancient history homework help
Short Report Instructions
You are required to report about the debate over the northern and southern location of Sodom in a 4–5-page Short Report including the following information:
- Introduction with thesis statement.
- Identify the archaeological site each position believes is Sodom.
- Identify the date each scholar uses for the patriarchs.
- Describe the archaeological evidence for destruction from both sites.
- Describe how each site meets the criteria for the biblical location of Sodom.
- Identify and compare the weaknesses and strengths of their arguments.
- Conclusion – Provide a personal reflection and opinion for the weight of evidence for each location.
You must use your textbooks and other articles by these two authors to support their arguments. They have both written about the others’ arguments in longer articles that you can access at the same sites. Both scholars are evangelical archaeologists and good friends who have dug together at Khirbet el-Maqatir (Ai).
Your paper must be in current Turabian format and include a minimum of 6 sources.
use these references:
Graves, David E. Key facts for the location of Sodom: navigating the maze of arguments. New Brunswick: David E. Graves, 2014.
Graves, David E. Biblical archaeology. an introduction with recent discoveries that support the reliability of the Bible. New Brunswick: David E. Graves, 2014.
Price, Randall. The stones cry out. Eugene, Or.: Harvest House Publishers, 1997.
Wood, Bryant G. “The Discovery of the Sin Cities of Sodom and Gomorrah.” Bible and Spade 12, no. 3 (1999): 67–80.
Collins, Steven. “If You Thought You Knew the Location of Sodom and Gomorrah…Think Again.” Biblical Research Bulletin 7, no. 4 (2007): 1–6.
“11 OCTOBER 2015 – 14:54 ANCIENT-ORIGINS Archaeologists Claim to have Discovered the Location of the Biblical City of Sodom.”