Asian american study | History homework help
Take Home Final Due via Email on Wednesday NIGHT June 9, 2021 by 11:59pm SHARP!
(Double Spaced – Times Roman 12 – Be Sure to put your names on what you email me in ONE document and number the pages with your last name in the upper right hand header – You do not need to include the Question but include the number or letter.) (Double Spaced – Times Roman 12 – Be Sure to put your names on what you email me in ONE document and number the pages – You do not need to include the Question but include the number or letter.)
Attached PDF File name example = 2020FINAL-yourfirst-lastname.PDF (file format).
Turn in using Canvas messenger as an attachment.
Essay (answer only TWO essays with the assumption that the reader is not familiar with the subject).
EACH MUST Include citations from our class resources. Other sources may be ADDED but only one from the internet. One full page minimum for each essay (the better explained, the better the grade)– not including resource citations – Any citation style will be accepted but you should be consistent.)
- What accomplishments came out of the Asian Pacific American Movement of the 60s/70s/80s? (what are we benefiting today?)
- Do you think it was right for Japanese Americans to be imprisoned during WWII, Why or why not?
- What were some of the various conflicts presented in the movie the DEBUT? Did they get resolved?
- In “America is in the Heart” what are some examples of challenges Allos faced in America along with other Filipinos of his era?
Short Answers in complete sentences.
- What is the name of the African American Buffalo Soldier who joined the Katipunan and became known as a “general” during the Philippine American War?
- What is the name of the documentary short video done by your instructor?
- Name 3 of the Filipino-American union officers who formed the United Farm Workers Union (UFW) with Cesar Chavez and Dolores Huerta and what was their respective rank/position in the UFW?
- Who were Gene Viernes and Silme Domingo from Seattle and what was the labor union/local and also what Fil-Am Leftist activist organizations they were both members of.
- What was unique about the films “Flower Drum Song” and “Crazy Rich Asians” and their characters/cast?
- What activist organization did the instructor of this class join along with other Filipinos in the 1970’s (hint – other class speakers were also in this group) full English or Tagalog name is OK.
- Which Asian American ethnic group reclaimed the California Delta area into productive farmland using teamwork?
- Why is March 1st an important date for Koreans and Korean Americans?
- What is the difference between an immigrant and a refugee?
- What was the struggle over the International or I-Hotel and where did it take place?
- What did early Chinese immigrants call Hawaii?
- Where and when was Vincent Chin murdered? Why?
- Who was Dalip Singh Saund and what does he have in common with VP Kamala Harris?
- Name the two Filipino Americans who trained with Bruce Lee on Torrance and taught him Kali (also known as Eskima or Arnis. (It’s in a class textbook…..)
- Who were Bobby Balcena and Vicki Manalo Draves?
- What US Army unit had the moto “Go for Broke” and what does that mean?
- How many Japanese American Concentration Camps on the mainland were there during WWII?
- What Novel was written by Carlos Bulosan depicting his own journey to and in America and what were the names of his brothers characters in the book?
- Who was the early Asian American activist who assisted Malcom X when he was killed?
- What happened in Oak Creek, Wisconsin on August 5, 2012?
- Who was Anna May Wong and how was she portrayed by Hollywood?
- What are the 4 pillars of Hip Hop?
- What was and where is Angel Island in relation to Asian American history?
- Who’s poster picture was hung in Little Saigon, Orange County, CA in 1999 and caused community wide uproar, and why did it?
- What was the best resource from the class you got something out of?(speaker/movie/powerpoint,etc)